November 30, 2008

Into the Sea Leather Cuff Bracelet

When the days get shorter I begin to daydream about the sea and sunshine.  The blue water and the sand between my toes.... delightful.  
With my daydreaming comes a preoccupation with seashells, starfish, sand, shades of blue and sunshine.
It's only natural that these daydreams would weave their way into my work.....

A vintage photo of a little girl walking into the ocean taken in 1967 finds a home inside a vintage watch with a tiny starfish, a single white pearl and glass seed beads in various shades of blue.

Add the words - INTO THE SEA clipped from a vintage book and it's where my heart is as the days grow shorter.

The vintage watch collage is wired to a black leather cuff with metal studs on the sides with a snap closure in the back for adjustable fit.  

This bracelet is a perfect companion for the upcoming Winter days.  One look into the face of the watch will transport you to your favorite memory of the sea.

No comments: