June 8, 2008

Farm Report - Rebuilding the stairs


During an ice storm in January, the front stairs on our house were destroyed by a falling tree. I am so fortunate that my husband, Dan is good at fixing things. He and Ryan had the most difficulty digging out the post that was broken off at the ground level. One of the problems was not having the right tools at the farm, so a hand prybar had to be used and lots of brute strength.


Dan is passing along his carpentry skills to Ryan by having him help rebuild the stairs and rail. Measure twice, cut once and always use a level.


While the guys are working on the stairs, I ran into the garage to fetch a tool for them and saw the debris on the floor. I first thought, what a mess. Then I thought it was beautiful and ran for my camera to get this shot.>

No comments: