April 20, 2011

XOXO Bracelet and Spring Posie Corsages

A very talented woman ordered this bracelet for her shop and I must say she designed a beautiful bracelet.  I love it.  She requested a white leather strap bracelet with a copper plate stamped with XOXO and black thread to stitch the plate in place.  It's so beautiful that I had to make one for myself.  The leather is buttery soft and the copper plate is a nice contrast - such a smart lady my client.

I spent the afternoon today playing with flowers for my next show.  I have been fascinated with simple floral embellishments for Spring sweaters, dresses and tops.  I wanted something fresh, simple and sweet.


I think these little posie corsages will look so sweet pinned to a white cotton cardigan, don't you.  I recently ordered several Japanese crochet pattern books and became inspired by the photos within.  I adore the books and the photos within.  Gorgeous.



This sweet corsage features a wooden rose in the center and is one of my favorites.  These corsages are small at only three inches in length.



I also love the pale green rose in this sweetie.  I tied the corsages off with natural rafia twine.


My Mom is going to love one of these for Easter Sunday - me too!

I will have some of these little beauties at Bottoms Up Antique Market in May - just in time for Mother's Day celebrations. 

Fun Explorations...

2 comments:

Caterina Giglio said...

lovely bracelet and I think I will have to make one of those flower corsages for myself for easter! great idea! happy easter!

Sharon said...

Your white leather bracelet is so fresh and pretty, with a touch of rustic copper. The flowers are also beautiful, you've been busy!