November 18, 2008

Vintage Button Birdie Earrings

Come to me
let's play
little sparrow orphan!
- ISSA

Vintage orphan buttons find a home dangling from your ears as you sip hot tea on a crisp Fall afternoon.  

I found these buttons in an antique shoppe with no idea what I would do with them, but I knew they were perfect.  A matching pair of large shell buttons.  What a lucky find.

I added a silver bird charm and a green Czech glass flower to each earring in the perfect shade of sage green.  
The earwires are handcrafted in sterling silver making these earrings a true one of a kind.  If you walk the untraveled path these earrings are for you!

Another pair using vintage bakelite buttons in olive green again paired with a tiny silver sparrow and a frosted Czech glass flower bead.  I only wish I had a dozen of these buttons instead of only three.....maybe a matching necklace or bracelet?


No comments: