July 21, 2008

Gardening Fools Jewelry

I have some of the funniest gals come into the shoppe. I love them. They always make me laugh - a real belly laugh. One of my regulars, JJ brought in a friend of hers to the shoppe. They were taking a break from their gardens as it was raining and decided to stop by.


When they saw the new jewelry that I am making out of vintage silver spoons that quickly asked it I could do a custom piece for them. JJ wanted a necklace and her friends wanted a bracelet with "GARDENING FOOLS" stamped on it.


So, here you go....




This is JJ's necklace with bright cherry quartz, swarkowski crystals in cobalt blue and lime green turquoise. I hand wired each bead and added the spoon bowl as a focal point with GARDENING FOOL stamped inside. I giggled the entire time I was hammering it out on the anvil.This is the bracelet I made for her friend. She has a very small wrist so I had to modify the spoon so that it would fit her petite wrist. The bracelet has cherry quartz, a crystal in cobalt blue and a lampwork bead in green..
The bracelet closure is a magnetic closure for easy on and off.


I had alot of fun making these two pieces for two great gals who obviously love to garden and have fun.

No comments: