June 22, 2008

Amazing Metalsmithing - Wearable Art


Once in awhile you see someone really interesting - they catch your eye and you can't help but stare. The nice guy in this photo allowed me to take a couple of shots of his jewelry collection. The craftmanship was outstanding. Amazing really. He had purchased the items in Europe. The weight of the pieces alone was substantial - and they looked great.

I want to take a metalsmithing class this Fall or Winter if I can work it into my already crazy schedule. So, when I saw this magnificent work - I couldn't take my eyes off it.



The ring had a glass eye in it and was so fetching - I loved it. I wish I had snapped a shot of his wallet and chain. Again, the craftsmanship was awe inspiring. The chain was made up of silver skulls - probably about 50-60 of them. Just amazing wearable art.

I didn't get his name, but I hope he visits the blog so I can say "Thank You" for sharing his collection with me and now you.>

No comments: