January 16, 2008

Ongoings and Happenings

We have been busily making mosaic hearts, special terrariums especially for Valentine's Day, decoupage shadow boxes with little nests tucked inside, Valentine's, gourmet goodies, jewelry, and so much more.

A few of you have stopped by the shoppe to say, "Hello." We are always happy to see friendly faces.

It seems strange not to be in the shoppe everyday, but the extra time to design and create special things for you has been wonderful.

I have been home to visit my parents and see my delightful little nephew, Caleb who recently celebrated his fourth birthday. He reminds me so much of my little brother, Jason when he was only four. Jason and I were ten years apart in age and I adored him (I still do!). Caleb has the same twinkle in his eye, has a quick alert mind and always sports a grin. I asked him what he would like for his birthday and he said, "Ten Julies". Well, talk about a charmer! He has charm in spades. Is it any wonder that I am smitten with him?

My husband Dan and I have also found a farm. That's right, a farm in the country with a 100+ year old barn, a greenhouse, a small cottage, a henhouse, and a lovely home setting on 20 acres of land. It's lovely only to me at this point. I have been blessed with vision. Much like the vision of the current GardenologyKC space that was once a former auto repair/car wash. You should have seen it before we began construction. Dan kept asking me, "Are you sure about this?"

Now he groans when we talk about all the work that must be done to rennovate the house, cottage, barn, well everything not to mention the land itself that is so overgrown. He just can't see it but has faith that I can. It really is something special.

Look for another blogspot in the near future featuring the farm and the ongoing rennovations as they progress.

Until then we will continue to scurry around unpacking boxes and restocking the shoppe with all the new goodies that are arriving and making all things that make you squeal with delight.




No comments: