January 8, 2008

The Key Is Faith

When I was in third grade my favorite part of the day was meeting my best friend, Judy Meeks on the school steps to make our daily trades of trinkets and tid bits.

We would open our purses and spread out our loot of charms, tiny lipsticks (Avon samples), keys, costume jewelry, Cracker Jack prizes, tiny glass dogs, etc.

The trading began with the first "ooooohhh I love that".....

Over the years, my love of trinkets never waned. But, what do you do with shoe boxes full of doodads?

A love of functional art, creating unique jewelry and my deep sense of spirituality lead me to these very special necklaces. Combining functional art, antique beads, skeleton keys, crucifixes and Saint medallions from Italy, vintage czech glass beads, vintage buttons, genuine pearls and handmade beads results in an extraordinary piece of jewelry.

I believe that the "key" to life is faith. These necklaces are an expression of this belief.

Faith in the goodness in all of us. Faith in the power within ourselves to withstand all things good and bad.

It's this faith that assures us that the seeds we plant in the Spring will bloom in the Summer. It's the power that gets us through all the hardships and challenges of living in this wonderful world full of wonder and magic. Such as the magic of the last flaming sunset you saw with colors so intense it made your eyes water, quickened your heart rate, and made you glad to be alive to witness such an unfolding of beauty - so lovely that you wanted to stare into it for hours.

We rest in our "faith" that we will be treated to many sunsets like this in our lifetime. It's reassuring and comforting to know that some things remain the same - forever.

I will be making more of these special necklaces for the upcoming event at GardenologyKC in February. Each necklace is one of a kind and holds all the blessings of faith. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

No comments: