December 18, 2007

My Dirty Affair "with gardening" Party


February 1st - 7th, 2008
10am - 5pm Everyday
Except Sunday 12noon - 5pm

We are having a "My Dirty Affair - with gardening - Party" the first seven days of February. GardenologyKC will only be open the first seven days of February and will close again after the event until March 1st.



This party is all about the decadent relationship we all have with soil, flowers, bulbs, getting dirty and communing with Nature. Don't you love to sink your hands into warm soil? Don't you love to inhale the scent of a spring daffodil, lilacs, and a summer rose? Don't you love the taste of a warm tomato fresh off the vine? It's a heady experience and one of my passions. Gardening is the one thing I cannot resist. Thank goodness it is not illegal or yours truly would be in the slammer!



I spend as much time in my garden as possible. I catch myself daydreaming about my flowers and wondering if today will be the first bloom of the tender plant I have so carefully tucked into my garden. It's an obsession.



All Winter I plan what I will transplant or which new addition I will add to my flower garden. I gaze at plant & seed catalogs longingly in anticipation of what I will grow in the upcoming Spring. Don't you love White Flower Farm's catalog?



I want to share this passion with all those other gardeners that just can't get enough of their one true everlasting passion - planting seedlings, feeding the birds and sharing their morning coffee with their flowers. Our common thread -a passion or is it madness for growing things? February is the month of associated with lovers and don't we love our gardens - no matter how small? Whether in containers, in the house in a sunny window, on our patios, or in our lawns. It's the healthiest relationship we mere human can aspire to is one with our gardens and our pets. The rest we really have to work at.

So, we will be making a party out of the seven days that we will be open in February. We are really excited by the idea of having enough time to create all of the handcrafted goodies we are known for - which has become our trademark.
We will have garden related items, but we will also have decadent goodies for the plant lover or the person who is the apple of your eye. Lots of goodies to share and take home.

I came up with a list of 40 items just over my morning coffee this morning! I was on a roll. I couldn't sketch and make notes fast enough.

I would love to tell you all of the really nifty things we will be making for the party - but, a girl has to have her secrets. I also love to see the look of surprise and hear the squeals of delight when our shoppers discover our latest creation. I am a junkie when it comes to pleasing my customers. I just can't get enough of it and it is all the motivation I need to always be looking for that next great "thing".

Here's a hint....

Decadent Goodies - JEWELRY - Apparel - ANTIQUES - Garden Embellishments - DECOR - Cheeky Gardener Items WORKSHOPS - 45 Local Artisan Goods - PRIMITIVES - and PLANTS of course.

As we have been planning the event we keep doubling over in laughter (we are self entertained at GardenologyKC) discussing our ideas for this event. It's going to be so much FUN. I can't wait to share it with you. See you there!












No comments: