April 16, 2009

Bird On A Wire Necklace

I really enjoy sculpting with wire and my desire for a pretty necklace to wear with my summer dresses prompted me to create this stunning necklace made entirely of sculpted wire.  I will be wearing this little bit of heaven this weekend when I go out to dinner.

The little blackbird perches on a branch with a woven nest containing three blue pearl eggs nestled inside that swings back and forth as you move. 

Maybe I was inspired by the pages from Blackbird Interpreted, the altered book by Tammy Lucik that I recently created pages for during our round robin exhange.  

Thanks again Tammy for the ongoing inspiration your book has brought to my creative efforts.

The gold chain was added for a splash of gold and to make the necklace super comfortable to wear.   Each link of this necklace was hand crafted to resemble brambles and vines.  
Czech glass leaves and a blue flower add a touch of color and more fun to the necklace.  The blackbird is 2" wide and 1" in height the nest is 1" in diameter - not too large - not too small.  I think it is just right!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that is the sweetest necklace i've ever seen!!!