January 19, 2008

Ella Fitzgerald - The First Lady of Song


This week I changed the background music on my blog to one of my favorite female vocalists, Ella Fitzgerald. Please listen to this rendition of "Summertime" a duet with Louis Armstrong, another one of my favorites. I miss the music of this era, even though it was before my time, I adore it.

Miss Ella is timeless and an inspiration to me while I work in my studio. Her voice soothes me and I disappear into the music and my art. I suppose it is a form of meditation to me. I finish my work in the studio refreshed and relaxed. Much like gardening in the warmer months, my art is therapy and doesn't seem like work at all. Hours pass quickly, and I look up from my work and admire my handiwork. I am sometimes surprised at how much I have accomplished in what seemed like moments.

I hope you enjoy the varied handcrafts we have been producing over the last few weeks for the upcoming show. Lavender sachets, lots of mosaics, jewelry, decoupaged hearts, glass totems, wire work, and so much more. I love them all and I hope you will too.

In the meantime, please pick up a CD of Ella Fitzgerald and let her voice sweep you away on these cold winter days...

Birth name: Ella Jane Fitzgerald
Also known as: First Lady of Song; Lady Ella
Born:
April 25, 1917(1917-04-25)Newport News, Virginia, U.S.
Died:
June 15, 1996 (aged 79)Beverly Hills, California, U.S.
Genre(s): Ballads, swing, traditional pop, vocal jazz
Years in Music Industry: 1934-1993
Label(s): Capitol, Decca, Pablo, Reprise, Verve
Website:
http://www.ellafitzgerald.com/
Source: www.wikipedia.com

No comments: