December 12, 2010

Tapas In Barcelona



Barcelona was everything that you have ever heard about the city, sophisticated, elegant, and fashionable.  In the Barre Gotic we heard music from a violin echoing through the cobble stone streets.  As the violinist played, a newly married couple walked away arm in arm from the chapel.  Romance filled the air...

Angels overhead - everywhere...  this was one of my favorites.

We enjoyed tapas at a small courtyard cafe with a glass of wine.  My favorite was mozarella cheese and heirloom tomatoes with fresh herbs.

A wonderful afternoon walking through the oldest part of Barcelona was pure bliss.  A feast for the senses...

Blessings - Julie

4 comments:

Numinosity said...

How nice, Julie!
We got to enjoy Barcelona last January. Drove from Madrid, arriving at 2:00 AM and were still able to find beer and tapas at that hour.
Enjoy and I look forward to seeing your experiences and inspirations.

xoxo Kim

Alice said...

What a lovely trip. We travel a lot in the U.S. but never have been overseas. Lucky you!

Riki Schumacher said...

Hi Julie, what an amazing trip. I love seeing these photos. That is my kind of salad, no meat! Happy holiday sweet girl, take care. Riki And thanks for swinging by! Hugs, Riki

Electra said...

This is magical! I wish I were there with you!