November 30, 2008

Intriguing Goodies

I love these zinc base lanterns that have an etched design on the front that become prominent with candlelight.  We have more of these available at the shoppe for purchase - I highly recommend them.
I found these horse shoe hooks at an antique shop and thought they would hold wreaths for the holiday season.
I love handcrafted novelties like this lamp that is fashioned from a vintage kerosene lamp base and a vintage electric lamp top.   It looks at home in my vintage dry sink cabinet.
I couldn't resist this vintage cup in dark green with a gold lily on the side.  The shop owner had only the one so it became a votive candle holder in the guest bath.
A small vase with oak leaves and acorns with tree branch handles holds a tiny bird's nest from the garden under a glass cloche in the dry sink cabinet.

Just a few of the things I have added as the Seasons change into Fall and Winter.

No comments: