July 22, 2008

Be Gloriously Courageous Necklace

The BE gloriously courageous necklace was inspired by the vintage image of the woman dancing. I thought she was so beautifully free spirited. I wanted to use this image in a piece of jewelry in some fashion and considered soldering her between sheets of glass but opted to decoupage the image on brass instead.


The piece began with etching the brass plate with a leafy design. The brass took on a copper hue with the leaf pattern retaining the brass color.

I then stamped the word "BE" on the lower right corner. After punching holes for the jump rings I was ready to move onto the second plate.

I hammered the back of the second plate for texture and interest.Flipped it over and on the reverse side I decoupaged the printed paper and added the dancing goddess on top. I found "gloriously courageous" in an old book from the late 1800s that was aged to the perfect shade of gold. I added a couple of rhinestones for sparkle and attached the two plates with silver jump rings.

I threaded a chain through the jump rings and the necklace was finished.

The plates are 1" x 1.5" and suspended from a silver chain that is 24" in length.

This necklace is available at the shoppe and will soon be available in our online store http://estore.websitepros.com/1438707/-strse-278/tintype-assemblage-necklace-jewelry/Detail.bok>

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!