April 23, 2010

Sisters Bracelet

Sisters Silver Spoon Bracelet - Purchase Here

Recently, a few of my girlfriends sent me an email with the nicest sentiment attached about sisters and sisterhood.

Time Passes,
Life Happens,
Distance Seperates,
Children Grow Up.
Jobs come and go.
Love waxes and wanes.
Hearts break.
Parents die.
Colleagues forget favors.
Careers end...

BUT.....Sisters are there, no matter how much time and how many miles are between you. A girl friend is never farther away than needing her can reach.....

Another sweet soul from Texas requested this phrase...

"A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost".
Daughter-in-laws, sisters, sister-in-laws, mothers, grandmothers, aunts, nieces, cousins, and extended family, and dear friends all bless our life!

When we began this adventure called womanhood, we had no idea of the incredible joys or sorrows that lay ahead. Nor did we know how much we would need each other..
.


As I sat with my Mom over the weekend talking about this and that and nothing in particular I thought of this email that was sent to me by my friends and I remembered to be grateful for the priviledge of sitting quietly with my Mom talking about nothing in particular on a Saturday afternoon.  So often I take these moments for granted and forget that time is fleeting and these are precious moments to be cherished.  My Mom and I are cut from the same cloth, as the saying goes...I see glimpses of her when I look in the mirror, I hear her voice when I listen to myself on the answering machine - long gone are the days when I used to dread becoming like my mother.  It's not so bad and in a way it's a comfort to know that she will always be a part of me.


I guess this sentiment was on my mind while I was working at the bench.  Hopefully, this bracelet made from a cast off vintage silver spoon will make it's way to woman's wrist that understands the gift of sisters and sisterhood and she'll remember to be grateful for the days of sitting talking quietly about this, that and nothing in particular on a Saturday afternoon.

Blessings - Julie

No comments: