January 1, 2010

Stud Watch - Another Commissioned Piece

Happy New Year - it's the beginning of a new decade of peace, learning, sharing, and the joy it brings. Since the Holidays are officially drawing to to a close I thought it would be safe to reveal another custom piece I did for a friend.

Another masculine piece for a man. It's was so fun to do something outside my box of usual tricks.

I fashioned the leather band and added loads of studs. I then added the watch to the band. I really like it and think I may do another one.

Thank you, Lynette for requesting this watch. With every creation I learn a little more - the best part of making things with my hands is to challenge my fingers and mind. Is that why women who make things with their hands are so darn clever? Me thinks this is the reason. Who needs soduku puzzles to keep their mind sharp when playing with paper, leather, clay, and tools is so much better???

Yesterday, I went to Lowe's and purchased more plastic bins for my studio. I wanted to start the year off with an organized studio. After the Holiday rush, it was no stretch to call it a disaster in there. It felt so good to get things put away, clearing the table tops and floor once again! Yes, between the custom work and making gifts for family and friends - it was a huge mess.

I like a bit of chaos, but WOW - that was out of control. It was time to reorganize the use of the space. So, much better. Now I can get back to work...busy hands are happy hands in my house. Am I the only one who can destroy a studio???

9 comments:

cinnibonbon said...

Happy New Year girl!!! You are so talented and i wish you much much more sucess and creativity--
Thanks for blogging I surely enjoy visiting you. Best wish for this next chapter!!!

Dorthe said...

Hi sweet, and welcome into the first day of the new year.
The watch is so great, Julie, you can be proud of yourself.

Here I have to do a big clean up too, but my first day in 2010, startet up with a big cold, so for today I`m staying inside my warm house.

In my studio,which is together with my shop in a seperate building,we have to make fire, when going there, and it takes long to get warmed up.

Love and hugs Dorthe

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Happy New Year, Julie, and I can destroy my desk faster than you can say, "Jack Robinson!" ;-)

After today, I'm going to clean this house for two straight days! YEA! I know I will feel so much better mentally. Can't wait!

May your 2010 be blessed beyond your wildest dreams...

XO,

Sheila :-)

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Oh, and I almost forgot to tell you how neat I think that piece is. I know the recipient will love it! :-)

Unknown said...

You truly have a lot of talent Julie!!! Can't wait to see what you come up with this year!

Many blessings and wishes for a happy and healthy new year!!

:) T

Susan Richards said...

you aren't the only one who is a whirlwind in the studio. my "clean/dry" work space was getting so closed in i not only threw out, straightened and organized - i swapped rooms. my space is now bigger, roomy, and inviting with great energy. i'll post pixs some day. starting off the year with a happy flow me thinks we are...

Lorna said...

LOVE the watch, and your art in general. I love that you pursue your passion, with passion. Organization is so much fun, it's one of my favorite things to do (and I get plenty of practice in my kids' rooms....) Happy New Year! May 2010 keep expanding your artistic horizons!

Sharon said...

Happy New Year Julie!

I saw this video today and the country farm setting reminded me of your site.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wwttxW5hMg

I find inspiration in all sorts of media. I hope it inspires you too.

Leslie @ Bei Mondi said...

Oh, I could use some organization in 2010 too. Love the watch! What a cool design.