April 9, 2008

Tortoise & the Hare

Since my surgery I am feeling like the tortoise - slow and steady. I anticipate "hare status" in about 60 days. Sitting quietly has always been a challenge for me. I was the toddler that went from standing to running much to the dismay of my Mother. Busy hands and fast of foot I was climbing on top of the couch reaching for the light switch so that I could switch the lights on and off as quickly as my chubby fingers would allow.


Later, I became the tree climber. I climbed every tree in our yard much to the dismay of my Father who was concerned that I would not only hurt myself but break limbs out of his trees.


So, you can imagine what a challenge it is for me to sit quietly. Each day brings a little more stamina which allows me to "putter around" the house. If I could only manage the stairs that lead to my studio. Next week will find me in the studio putting together lots of jewelry for an upcoming show I plan to do in June. So much to do - just the way I like it!


I have fallen for sprout green turquoise that was used in the bracelet below -




I also found these great carved beads in green turquoise and sky blue turquoise. I am so anxious to create assemblage jewelry with them.



I have been busily sketching designs for earrings, bracelets, and necklaces in a variety of lengths. I have lots of vintage elements to combine with these intricate beads that will result in a one of kind piece of wearable art. Is there anything better?

No comments: