September 18, 2008

New Blog Banner - WHEW!


Yesterday afternoon was spent learning how to use PhotoShop - whew!  

My day started with running to Borders to purchase the Classroom in a Book for Photoshop.  I grabbed the book off the shelf, checked out and mused about using PhotoShop all morning.  

Afternoon arrived and it was time to break out the book and get down to some serious business - learning a new software package that would transform my life!  (drama queen!)

I popped the CD into my Mac and ........nothing.  What!?  I tried it again..... nothing.  So, I tried a different CD - yup, my computer is working just fine.  I had purchased a lemon CD.  DANG!  

All the anticipation.....  But then, I thought, "Hey, why not try YouTube????"  BINGO!  My son, Ryan says that you can use your knuckles and still find anything on YouTube.  He makes me giggle.  Love that kids sense of humor....

I managed to find enough video tutorials to put together a new banner for my blog.  It took me about six hours, buy hey - VICTORY over the software.  Score one for ME.

I love my new banner, I think it better expresses who I am and what I am all about.  I love the symbolic nature of it.  The vintage photo of the little girl cutting flowers, my jewelry that is so personal, the title - Farmgirl Roundup - for all those farmgirls at heart out there, etc.

I began by first selecting the vintage photo of the little girl.  It was a black and white photo when I began and after cutting half of the photo away, colorizing each stem and flower individually I was happy with it.  I left the little girl in black and white to give her importance.

I then created a background and began adding some of my favorite jewelry pieces.  I altered them to fit, downloaded a cool font from dafonts and well - I am so tickled with the results.  What do you think?

I exclaimed outlowd, "This is addictive!!!"  I can't wait to try something else.........  BOOOYAH!!! and YEEHAW!!!!

4 comments:

Karen from A`Musements said...

BRAVO on that new blog banner!!! VERY NICE!!! (and well worth all the hard work!)
xoxo
Karen

Kathy said...

I love your new banner. And I am SERIOUSLY impressed that you put this together in one afternoon, not knowing Photoshop. Beautiful job!

Karen from A`Musements said...

I tried to leave a comment yesterday, but I did some moronic thing (me?!) and it didn't "stick" so... here I am again!
Your new banner is WONDERFUL!!!
Bravo for sticking 'with it' and making the change... it is well worth it; turned out great!
Okay, I'm going to hit the button and see if you actually get this message. Your blog looks great!
xoxo
Karen

Artsy-Craftsy Merchant said...

OUTSTANDING!